Quinta do Jordão was acquired by the Ayres de Gouvêa family in 1881 and has been in the family for six generations, maintaining over time the original characteristics of leisure, agriculture and livestock.
Among its residents stands out the painter Alberto Ayres de Gouvêa, a well-known artist who lived in the late nineteenth and first half of the twentieth century. In honor of his remarkable work a street in the city of Porto was named after him.
It was the painter, and his mother and brother, who traced the forest streets, designed the lake and restored the Chapel, once transformed into an agricultural warehouse.
Alberto Ayres de Gouvêa was also responsible for the design of the romantic garden and the majestic Linden Avenue, privileged spaces for holding various types of events.